Entries in the 'Pub Festivals' category
Starting today (Thursday April 26th) we have two beer festivals running over the weekend at two great pubs. Both the Half Moon in Hitchin and the Our Mutual Friend in Stevenage have beer festivals this weekend! Why not visit one, or even both? These two pubs are the 2012 North Herts CAMRA Pub of the[...Read on]
Community Pubs Month - support *your* local It has nearly been a whole month since Hitchin Beer Festival, so you should have recovered well enough to be thirsty for another beer festival or two. This month we know of four pubs holding beer festivals: The Orange Tree in Baldock and The Lytton Arms in Knebworth this [...Read on]
There is a whole 5 weeks to wait until the Hitchin Beer & Cider festival — what to do in the meantime? Well all year round you can get great cask ale in excellent North Herts pubs — especially at their own independent beer festivals! The Our Mutual Friend in Stevenage, a Good Beer [...Read on]
A few winter beer festivals have come to our attention recently, so if you would like a little excitement leading into Christmas:
- Polhill Arms Beer & Bangers Festival, Renhold, Bedfordshire: Thursday 10th to Sunday 13th November
- Canary Club Winter Beer Festival, Hitchin Town Football Club: Friday 18th to Sunday 20th November
- Orange Tree Winter[...Read on]
We know of several of beer festivals in and around our area this late May bank holiday weekend:
- The Fox, Aspenden – Thursday May 26th to Monday May 30th
- 16 cask ales, 3 regional ciders
- Live music Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- BBQ Saturday, Sunday, Monday
- The Goat, Codicote – Saturday May 28th to Monday May 3[...Read on]
Here’s a list of beer festivals we know about this wedding & spring bank holiday extra-long weekend:
Some pub beer festivals coming up around the Easter/Wedding/Spring bank holiday extravaganza:
- Our Mutual Friend, Stevenage: Easter Beer Festival: Thursday 21st April – Monday 25th April
- The Victoria, Hitchin: Easter/St George’s Day Beer Festival: Friday 22nd April – Monday 25th April
- The Cricketers, Ickleford: Beer Festival: Thursday 21st April – Monday 25th April & Thursday 28th[...Read on]
The festivals page has been updated to include pub festivals through to the end of September.
I’ve added the beer festival 20 -22 May, at The Old Fountain, Baldwin St, London to the list (stretching the definition of local!). It’s their first festival but I’m expecting good things since the pub is branch POTY winner, and a good visit at any time, with or without a festival.
Follow us on..