Read about two North Hertfordshire pubs that are currently closed but that their local communities are working to bring back to life. Both pubs have now been given Asset of Community Value (ACV) status – that doesn’t automatically save them but gives the community the chance to prevent their loss.
The Station, Knebworth
- Campaigning website https://www.stationpub.org.uk/
- Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/StationPubKnebworth
- Twitter feed https://twitter.com/savestationpub
The Radcliffe Arms, Hitchin
- Campaigning website http://savetheradcliffe.co.uk/
- Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/350852488606581/
One pub that is further down this path is the White Horse in Kimpton where the campain has been fundraising to purchase but is currently in discussion with another buyer (who has said they want to keep the White Horse as a pub).
If you hear of any pub that has shut or may be about to shut, please let us know – here or on social media. North Herts District Council only accepts ACVs from community groups – not from Camra (unlike many other councils) – so we can help you help your community.