Thanks to all who attended last week’s AGM.
* The next branch open meeting is at Craftys in Letchworth on 11 May.
* There will be a minibus trip to the 4 contenders for County pub of the year on 22 April
* We recruited 97 new members this year (so now 985 branch members) – many at Stevenage Beer Festival. There will be a special celebration for 1000th!
* There have been Pub losses and gains & a trend towards smaller taproom type venues. Please send your info to Whatpub & let us know of any changes to your local pubs!
* We had successful festivals in Stevenage and Hitchin. We’re looking to develop more social visits. More social rambles this year & hopefully a Hadham Brewery trip on the cards.
* Still looking for pub protection officer (or folks who can help cover bits of that role)
* Finally, we presented Rob Scahill of the The Orange Tree, Baldock with the branch “Cider Pub of the Year” award. He paid tribute to Howard & Wendy at the Half Moon in Hitchin, & also had some interesting things to say about the cask / keg / key keg situation at the moment.
Will update the “Branch Officers” page on this website asap.