Thanks to all who attended last week’s AGM.
* The next branch open meeting is at Craftys in Letchworth on 11 May.
* There will be a minibus trip to the 4 contenders for County pub of the year on 22 April
* We recruited 97 new members this year (so now 985 branch members) – many at Stevenage Beer Festival. There will be a special celebration for 1000th!
* There have been Pub losses and gains & a trend towards smaller taproom type venues. Please send your info to Whatpub & let us know of any changes to your local pubs!
* We had successful festivals in Stevenage and Hitchin. We’re looking to develop more social visits. More social rambles this year & hopefully a Hadham Brewery trip on the cards.
* Still looking for pub protection officer (or folks who can help cover bits of that role)
* Finally, we presented Rob Scahill of the The Orange Tree, Baldock with the branch “Cider Pub of the Year” award. He paid tribute to Howard & Wendy at the Half Moon in Hitchin, & also had some interesting things to say about the cask / keg / key keg situation at the moment.
Will update the “Branch Officers” page on this website asap.
Your branch needs YOU. At present we have no nominations for the following committee positions:-
Main task is to co-ordinate the review and update of the the branch pub details in our database and the WhatPub web site. This does not require you to visit every pub in the branch (but you can if[…Read on]
Branch 2017 Pub of the Year I have great pleasure in announcing that The Red Lion, Preston has won the 2017 Branch Pub of the Year. Congratulations to Joe and Ray, and their team. The Red Lion, Preston The Red Lion now goes forward to represent the branch in the CAMRA Hertfordshire Pub of the Year competition. More [...Read on]
We hope you enjoyed the 2017 Stevenage Beer Festival earlier this month.
The feedback we got from visitors was that they enjoyed the festival and the overall range of drinks. Having finally sifted through all your festival feedback forms and other data, here is a summary of the key statistics and points that we have[…Read on]
The Station pub at Knebworth is currently closed but the campaign to save the Station Pub is growing.
Join the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/StationPubKnebworth/ and find out more information on a new website set up to raise awareness, support and funding to retain the Station as a community pub – https://www.stationpub.org.uk/
Thanks to everyone who attended last week’s festival. We hope you had a great time! We’ll post the information from all the feedback forms as soon as possible – including who won the “Beer of the Festival” awards. If you’ve got any other feedback, please let us know. We’re now going straight into planning mode for the 2017 [...Read on]
This competition is where we ask you to help choose the branch Cider Pub of the Year and covers real cider & perry Pub aspects only.
The limited numbers of pubs within the branch which serve “real” cider/perry as defined by CAMRA (see below), throughout the year have been assessed and a short list of the[…Read on]